Friday, August 23, 2013

Why I don't watch the news.



I stopped watching the news years ago.  It is always terrible, and terrifying.  Sometimes they over dramatize and that annoys me.  I just pray for the world, and let God handle it.  That is the only thing I can do.  I sometimes check CNN.com.  That is about it for news for me.  Even that website over dramatizes things too.  I sometimes read a newspaper, but with that it is just about the town I live in, so that is okay.  I know most of my family and friends still watch the news, and that is fine.  I just know that I won't be watching it.  Have a great day and God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. Whew! It's nice to meet someone else who doesn't watch it. Joey and I hate the news, because like you said, it's dark and depressing and they exaggerate some things and hide others... it's not a correct representation. I used to read World magazine, which was good because it's from a Christian perspective and it's more the big worldly news, not just celebrities and shootings. I actually am wanting to subscribe to that again now... I had forgotten about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might subscribe to that too. :)

      Delete
    2. Awesome! I will have to wait til I have the money for it, but I will do it :)

      Delete

2 movie reviews

      First movie is Mean Girls.  I didn't really like this movie at all.  They turned it into a musical and it just didn't fit for ...